Skip to content

Moving Away From Google Feedburner

I’ve decided to move away from Google Feedburner. I’ve deactivated my FeedSmith plugin, and have submitted changes to the domain name system. I am so glad that I used the MyBrand option when I set up my feeds.

So my Feedburner feed which was now refers browsers and feed readers to

I set up to point to my own web server. I added this to the .htaccess in the top level directory of that “site.” I don’t even need an index file there, as all requests get rerouted to the site’s home page.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule planetmikedotcom [R=301,L]
RewriteRule (.*) [R=301,L]

I deactivated the FeedSmith plugin, double checked that my site was returning my regular feed address, and things are good to go. Please let me know if you see anything odd with my feeds.